The Social Democratic Party (SDP) Presidential Candidate, Donald Duke says he is going ahead with his campaigns in spite of delays caused by litigation over his candidature.
Mr Duke, a former Governor of Cross River, told journalists in Lagos on Saturday that his campaign would officially commence next week as he had been pronounced the bonafide candidate of SDP by the Court of Appeal.
The court in Abuja on Thursday declared Mr Duke the presidential candidate of SDP for the Feb. 16 Presidential Election.
A three-member panel, led by Justice Abdul Aboki, set aside the Dec. 14, 2018, judgment of a Federal Capital Territory High Court which declared Jerry Gana, a former Minister of Information, the candidate of the party.
Mr Duke said: “I may have lost time over the proceedings but it will not in any way stall my progress or affect my victory at the polls.
“We have concluded arrangements to kick-start a very smart campaign that will reach the electorate across the nation.
“My campaign will not be a conventional one but it will be very effective.
He urged all aggrieved members of the party to unite and work as one family to ensure victory for SDP and its candidates across the country.
On the national presidential debates that he missed, Mr Duke said: “There will be others. I am aware that it is not the best that we find ourselves in that situation but it is not my fault.”
He said Nigerians knew who and what their desires were and would still vote for him in spite of the short time left for the presidential election.