Atiku Says Fresh Bank PHB Corruption Allegations is ‘Cock and Bull’ – Independent Observers

Atiku Says Fresh Bank PHB Corruption Allegations is ‘Cock and Bull’

244 0

Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP),  has dismissed the fresh corruption allegations made against him by the federal government over the collapse of Platinum Habib Bank, Bank PHB as ‘cock and bull story.’

Atiku, reacting to the allegation by Lai Mohammed, the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed on Friday, that he (Atiku) has a case to answer over the bank collapse, challenged the federal government to either prove his alleged corrupt activities or forever remain quiet.

“It is disgusting to continue to spin allegations of corruption against me by people who have failed to come forward with a single shred of evidence of my misconduct while in office. Isn’t it a shame that the ruling party whose National Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole only yesterday gave official confirmation to the general belief that, even if Lawrence Anini becomes an APC member today, Buhari will forgive and consecrate him can turn around to accuse me of corruption today?

”They just suddenly woke up to the reality that, their lies about Atiku being corrupt can no longer hold? I challenge the federal government to come up with evidence that I benefitted from N156 million slush funds through Claremont Management Services Account on 13th January, 2009 as well as the collapse of Bank PHB as they have alleged.

”It is instructive to note that, the same BankPHB is now Keystone bank which was said to have been been acquired by Buhari’s cronies through AMCON last year,” Atiku stated.

He also said with or without a trip to the U.S., he will defeat the President Muhammadu Buhari at next month’s election.

Atiku, in a statement issued in Abuja on Friday, by Phrank Shaibu, his Special Assistant on Public Communication, said the federal government should bury its head in shame ”having failed to stop him from travelling to the US.”

Atiku, who had not visited US for 12 years since 2007 when he left as Nigeria’s vice-president, finally travelled to the country on Thursday.

He has been linked to corruption charges filed in the U.S. American authorities had declined to issue him entry visa and there were speculations that a secret indictment had been entered against him by that country’s authorities.

The APC-led government had consistently taunted Mr Abubakar over his inability to visit the U.S.

Shuaibu said it was shameful that the governing APC took it upon itself to call on the authorities of another country not to grant a private citizen entry visa, which ordinarily should not be its business.

The statement said the APC was jittery knowing that its government has failed. He said Mr Buhari’s days as president of Nigeria were numbered,” which explains why members of the ruling party have been running from pillar to post.” It said Nigerians have already made up their minds to send President Buhari packing on February 16, 2019.

“Tell them that their days of deceit are numbered. Nigerians are tired of them and they can no longer lie or take the people for a ride anymore,” the statement said.

It said three and a half years into the Buhari administration, ”no appreciable progress has been made in any sector, whether in the area of the economy, infrastructure, health, education, security or employment.”

“There is no need to worry, as we shall unveil on Sunday, January 20, 2019 ‘Buhari’s Hall Of Shame’,” the statement added. U

Related Post

Udom Emmanuel wins in Akwa Ibom

Posted by - March 11, 2019 0
By Andy Chukwu Governor Udom Emmanuel of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has been declared winner of Akwa Ibom State Gubernatorial…

Akpabio, Enang deliver for Buhari

Posted by - February 24, 2019 0
By Tenitope Owotoki Both Senator Godswill Akpabio and Senator Ita Enang delivered their respective polling units to President Muhammadu Buhari…

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *